These unique bracelets are crafted by village artisans in Haiti using handmade papier mache and clay beads crafted in their own workshop. Each bracelet is unique and one-of-a-kind. These look great worn on their own or stacked.
Story Behind the Art
The crafting process is very detailed and time consuming from start to finish. Artisans use two different art techniques to craft the papier mache beads and clay beads. The art of making clay beads from scratch begins with hand-rolling the clay into the bead and delicately piercing it to form the beading hole, before firing in the kiln. The beads are then hand-painted and glazed before the final firing. The one-of-a-kind beads vary in shape and size to create wearable art. The colors have a saturated opaque feel that provides just the right color.
- Colors: Multi-colored, will vary based on paper used in papier mache.
- Materials: Recycled Paper, Clay Beads.
- Stretch bracelet makes it easy to slip on
- One size fits most.
- Dimensions: 8 inches in circumference, beads are 0.5 inches wide.
- Socially Responsible, Fair Trade.
- Creating income generating opportunities in impoverished Haiti.
Given the handmade nature of this product please allow for minor variations in shape and color.