Hand-carved from a single piece of Kisii soapstone by African artisans, each colorful egg is uniquely handmade. The artist painted a range of colorful and cheerful patterns. The whimsical eggs are beautiful displayed in a bowl, glass vase, on a table. Adorable for Easter-time and year round. Makes a great, ethical gift.
- Each Measures approximately 2 inches long.
- Pack of 10.
- Soapstone is a soft stone, making it ideal for carving into many forms. Use care when handling to avoid breakage.
- Each piece has gone through multiple stages of sanding and waxing, giving the soapstone a satiny finish.
- Socially responsible products that empower consumers to purchase according to their values and help alleviate global poverty.
- Fair Trade is an alternative business model that values safe workplaces, fair wages and community investment for factory employees.
Story Behind the Art:
Each sculpture is artfully hand-carved from a single piece of Kisii soapstone, found only in the hills of southwestern Kenya. Mining the soapstone from surface hills is a labor-intensive process, using little to no machinery. Laborers works with shovels, picks, axes and machetes to carve out large soapstone chucks, which are then carved into beautiful art.