Artfully carved from a single piece of wild olive wood using simple hand tools, this rustic pair of wooden salad servers showcase the beautiful natural wood-grain, contrasted by handles featuring traditional batik African art. Each serving piece has a twisted design at the base of the handle. The server handles are from highly polished and sanitized cow bone, sourced from natural causes.
Each piece is approximately 10-inches in length, and the handle is painted by hand. Due to the hand carved nature, actual size may vary by up to an inch.
- Care: Hand wash only. Periodically treat wood with food-grade mineral oil or olive oil to maintain their beauty and luster.
- 2- Piece Set
Because these are made by hand using rudimentary tools, no two are identical and variations are to be appreciated and enjoyed by the consumer.
- Socially responsible product assortments that is empowering consumers to purchase according to their values and help alleviate poverty.
- Fair Trade is so much more than a product assortment. It's about safe workplaces, fair wages + community investment for factory employees.
- Package includes: 1 Set
- Colors: Natural
- Materials: Ethically handmade in Kenya from wood and bone
- Dimensions: 9 to 11 inches long; 2.5-inches to 3-inches wide
Story Behind the Art:
The bone is "batiked" which is an age old art process used in Africa. The patterns are applied by placing wax on the white bone and dipping the bone into a dark brown/black dye, resulting in the beautiful African mud cloth designs.