This small serving platter is artfully carved from a single piece of jacaranda wood from Kenya. The craftsmanship and attention to detail is superb. Skilled artisans use simple hand tools to carve these elegant pieces. The plate is approximately 9 inches long.
Food safe, making the plate great for entertaining or a catch-all plate in any room. Because these are crafted by hand using rudimentary hand tools, no two are identical and variations are to be appreciated and enjoyed.
In Kenya, the beautiful The jacaranda tree (mimosifolia) is a tropical tree that produces clusters of fragrant purple blooms. The wood is hard and perfect for carving functional and decorative bowls. Jacaranda branches are arched, forming a canopy shaped like an upturned umbrella.
- Approximately 9.25 inches long by 7 inches and 1 inch deep.
- Socially responsible product assortments that is empowering consumers to purchase according to their values and help alleviate poverty.
- Fair Trade is so much more than a product assortment. It's about safe workplaces, fair wages + community investment for factory employees.
- Color: Natural.
- Material: Kenya Jacarada wood.
- Hand wash only.
- Periodically treat wood with food-grade mineral oil or olive oil to maintain their beauty and luster.