These globally-inspired hand-painted candles are small works of art. Crafted by artisans in South Africa, each candle is hand-poured and then individually hand-painted. Each design name is derived from a special African word that is brought to life through the color and patterns which reflect the culture and influences of South Africa. The style images pictured illustrate the general design, but note that each candle is one of a kind. A truly unique and beautiful gift for hostesses, housewarming, wedding, anniversary, and more that make a striking addition to every home and a beautiful conversation piece!
- Design Meaning: "Uzima" stands for vitality, power and energy. Whether zebra skin, guinea fowl feather, cheetah skin, porcupine bristles or mysterious traces, the patterns were inspired by the infinitely rich wildlife of Africa and look almost animalistic.
- Set of 2 Gift-packaged Dinner Tapers.
- Candles measure approximately 9-inches tall.
- Unscented, high-quality, fully-refined paraffin wax from Germany.
- Non-toxic color pigments and natural wicks.
- Individually hand-painted. Designs will have differences, but will be consistent in colors and icons that reflect the style.
- Creates a calm ambiance that transforms any space into a personal sanctuary.
- Burn time averages 10 hours.
- High melting point of 58°- 60°.
- Use care when burning candles. Do not leave a burning candle unattended; snuff out flame when done burning; do not move burning candle; always use a candle holder when burning.
The Story Behind the Art:
Each candle is hand poured and hand painted by South African artisans with years of experience. After the candles are poured, they are handed off to the special background painters, who paint the entire wax candle with a base color that sets the tone for the design work that comes next. Masterful artists then paint the designs on each piece. It is truly exciting to watch the lightening-fast strokes of the paintbrushes transform what was molten wax into gorgeously colorful, individualized works of art!