The set of two trays are beautiful and functional. Each tray is artfully carved from a single piece of sturdy jacaranda wood from Kenya. The skilled artisans use simple hand tools to carve these stunning pieces; the lines are exquisite and the superior craftmanship is evident throughout. Each tray is finished off with handles. These are food-safe may be used for entertaining or offer a unique design element for the home. Sell as a set or as singles - these make a wonderful wedding or housewarming gift!
In Kenya, the beautiful The jacaranda tree (mimosifolia) is a tropical tree that produces clusters of fragrant purple blooms. The wood is hard and perfect for carving functional and decorative bowls. Jacaranda branches are arched, forming a canopy shaped like an upturned umbrella.
- Food Safe.
- Set of Two: 8 inch and 12 inch diameter.
- Large tray is approximately 2 inches deep and smaller tray is 1.5inches.
- Because these are crafted by hand using rudimentary hand tools, no two are identical and variations are to be appreciated and enjoyed.
- Socially responsible product assortments that is empowering consumers to purchase according to their values and help alleviate poverty.
- Fair Trade is so much more than a product assortment. It's about safe workplaces, fair wages + community investment for factory employees.
- Color: Natural.
- Material: Kenya Jacarada wood.
Hand wash only. Periodically treat wood with food-grade mineral oil or olive oil to maintain their beauty and luster.